The System Administrator’s role is to manage and tune in-house computer software systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals and industry best practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with fellow engineers to architect and build mission critical distributed systems that can stand the test of scale and availability, while limiting operational overhead
- Design, build & support systems to detect, alert and remediate or escalate on platform
- Design and build systems to provide improved insight into the operation of the datacenter: perf/event data reporting, visualization, capacity planning, DC infra, & config management tools
What You’ll need:
- Systems architecture: You have designed scalable, performant, systems with knowledge of AWS (Laravel Forge is a plus)
- Configuration management. You should have real world experience with processes like multi-domains configuration, Load Balancer, DNS configuration, vhost configuration
- Operating Systems. You should have strong experience in the Linux environment and a solid understanding of its fundamentals, such as DHCP, PXE, DNS, various imaging solutions, packaging, kernel tuning, troubleshooting, etc.
- Team player. We have internal customers whom we want to serve to the best of our ability. You should have customer service skills and be able to develop solutions that span multiple teams.